Leaving a review on Etsy helps other buyers know how the product is in real life and also lets you keep track of the products you liked or didn’t like.
This guide explains what you need to know before you leave a review on Etsy and, most importantly, how to do it on a desktop and your phone.
What to Know Before Leaving a Review on Etsy
- Guest users can’t review products. You’ll need to sign in to a new or existing Etsy account and claim the order to review it.
- You can only review an order within 100 days after the order’s estimated delivery date. For digital downloads, the 100-day review window begins as soon as you download your file.
- You can only review products purchased on Etys.com or Etsy app (Android or iOS). If you buy or sell a product in person through Square, you can’t leave a review on Etsy, but can still use Square to review the product.
- There shouldn’t be an open case on your order. Once the case closes, you can leave a review.
- Reviews can’t be edited if there’s an open case for that order.
- If you cancel an order, you can still leave a review until the cancellation is processed, which is approximately up to 48 hours.
- You can edit your rating, including pictures and notes, any number of times during the 100-day window.
- If a seller responds after you leave a review of 3 stars or fewer, you can’t edit the review with no exceptions. You’ll need to contact Etsy to remove your original review.
- Your name and image will be displayed under the seller’s reviews.
How to Leave a Review on Etsy App (Android/iPhone)
- Sign in to your app and tap You at the bottom of your screen.
- Tap on Purchases and reviews.
- Find the order you want a review and click on Leave a review.
- Select a star rating.
- Add a photo using the camera icon.
- Leave a review in the textbox besides the camera icon.
- Click Submit in the upper right corner.
How to Leave a Review on Etsy.com (Desktop)
- Go to Etsy.com and click on Sign in in the top right corner.
- Click on your account icon.
- Click Purchases and reviews from the dropdown menu.
- Find your order and select a star rating from one to five, with one being the lowest and five being the highest.
- A pop-up appears where you can describe your experience with the seller and their product in the textbox below.
- Upload a photo by clicking on the camera icon.
- Select Post Your Review once you’re done reviewing the product.