Choosing the perfect brand name can be challenging and takes time. If you have a change of mind, Etsy allows sellers to change their shop names quickly.
In this post, you’ll learn everything you need to know about changing your shop name on Etsy.
Things to know before you change your shop name
- Shop names can be up to 20 characters long.
- Shop names cannot have spaces or punctuation.
- You can only change your Etsy shop name up to 5 times once it’s live.
- Your Etsy shop will be given a new URL, and all old links will redirect to your new shop URL.
- You can’t reuse your old Etsy shop name.
How to change your shop name
- Log in to your Etsy account and click on Shop manager on the top right between “Updates” and “You.”
- Click Settings in the left panel.
- Click Info & Appearance in the left menu.
- Click the Change hyperlink beside your “Shop Name.”
- Enter the new name in the New Shop Name text area.
- Click Save.
Frequently asked questions
What if the name I am the rights holder for is unavailable?
If you hold intellectual property rights on a shop name and it isn’t available, contact the Etsy shop owner and resolve the issue amicably.
Alternatively, you can file a notice of IP infringement. To do so, sign in to your Etsy account and go to Etsy Reporting Portal. Then register for the Etsy portal, add an intellectual property, and create a report.
You should receive an email confirmation after submitting the report. Etsy will send you the report’s outcome. If it’s in your favor, you can now use your shop name.
I closed my old shop. Can I reopen it and keep that name?
Yes, you can reopen your Etsy shop and keep its name. To reopen an account, click Reopen your account and enter the email address associated with that account.
Click the link you receive in your email to reopen the account.