Although the footer is often overlooked when designing an eCommerce website, it’s an essential element that can leave a lasting impression on customers.
We’ll show you how to change the footer in Magento 2 by customizing the copyright notice and the default footer links. Note that we’re using Magento 2.4.3 for this guide.
How to Change Copyright Notice in The Footer
- On the Magento admin panel, navigate to Content > Design > Configuration.
- On the “Design Configuration” page, there’s a configuration scope list. Select the store view where you want to edit the footer section and click Edit under the “Action” column.
- Scroll down to the Footer section and click on it to expand it.
- Change the copyright notice in the Copyright text area.
- Once you’re done, click the Save Configuration button on the top right.
How to Change the Footer Links
The Magento Page Builder is available only in Magento versions 2.4.3 and above. If you’re using Magento 2.4.2 or below, you can still follow this guide to add, remove, or edit the links. However, instead of using their code-free page builder, you’ll need to add your own HTML code.
Add New Block
- Go to Content > Elements > Blocks in the Magento admin sidebar.
- Click Add New Block to add a new block.
- Add the Block Title. In this example, the title is “Footer New.”
- Add the Identifier. In this example, the identifier is “footer_new.”
- Select the appropriate Store View to assign the block to.
Edit with Page Builder
- Click on Edit with Page Builder.
Note: If you’re using Magento 2.4.2 or below, paste the HTML code in the box below the Show/Hide Editor, and skip to the “Add Widget” section directly.
- Once you’re in the page builder, you’ll be greeted by the following layout.
You can drag Row, Column, Text, and other elements to the center.
- You can insert a URL by right-clicking on the text and selecting the chain link icon.
You can also change the alignment, border, margin, and padding and add CSS in the Page Builder.
- Once you’re done designing the new footer, click on the top right button to go back to the footer block page.
- Hit the orange Save button.
- Go to Content > Elements > Widgets.
- Click on Add Widget in the top right corner.
- Select CMS Static Block in the Type field.
- Select the appropriate theme in the Design Theme field and then click Continue. It’s Magento Luma in our case.
- Add the Block Title as the Widget Title.
- Select the right Store View in the Assign to Store Views field.
- Set the Sort Order as 0.
- Click on Add Layout Updates in Layout Updates.
- Select Generic > All Pages from the Display on dropdown. This is to display this footer menu on all the pages.
- Select CMS Footer Links from the Container dropdown.
- Go to Widget Options and click on Select Block and choose the new footer block from the list.
- Click Save Configuration to save the changes.
Edit Previous Footer Widget
- Go to Footer Links widget.
- Click on delete the Layout Updates by using the Trash Bin icon.
- Hit the Save button.
- Go to System > Tools > Cache Management in the Magento admin sidebar.
- Select the invalidated cache and click on Submit to refresh the cache.
You’ve successfully changed the “About Us” and “Customer Service” footer links in Magento 2.